Saturday, November 26, 2011

Favorite Photo Friday - Snapshot #37

This week we sure have a lot to be thankful for! And even though he got really sick, John had a good week overall... here's a look at it from his perspective:

Snugglin' together with my Dada and my Wayne-Dog:

Falling asleep with Mama (and snuggling baby brother Will!) after a long day:

Playing with Wayne-Dog in the backyard:

Going on a walk down to the park in the chilly fall weather:

Being sweet even when I'm teething those mean ol' eye teeth!

Acting like a turkey with my favorite new turkey (thanks to Gramma for the pumpkin-turkey -- our latest addition to the "Fall Extravaganza" on our front porch). As you can tell, I started feeling crummy this day, the day before Thanksgiving:

Mama made Lefse after I went to bed on Wednesday night -- it's a Bergman family tradition at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Lefse (pronounced "lef-suh") ;) is like a really thin tortilla made from potatoes... I wasn't a huge fan of it this year, though I didn't eat anything well since I was sick. But I bet I'll learn to love it... maybe even as much as Mama does!

Passed out from too much turkey on Thanksgiving Day. (I had a high fever all day and night, so was feeling pretty under the weather... Mama soaked up all the snuggles, though.) ;)

Mama and Dada say this one really captures how pitiful I felt for Thanksgiving... even though I didn't feel good, we sure have a LOT to be thankful for!!

Well that about wraps it up! Even though I had a bad virus, I'm beginning to feel like my old self again. We hope you and your family had a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving Day. My Uncle Dave came over to celebrate with us, and we had a nice little feast! So grateful to still spend the day with some family, even though the rest of the Hefferly Family was spread out all over (Houston and Idaho!).

Despite all the ups and downs lately, our growing little family is so very blessed! May God bless each of you this Christmas Season and always!

Love,
John and my family :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I used that same exact lefse stick this week as well. I didn't know you guys made that every year. Usually my grandmother makes it but I have taken over lately and appreciate the many hours it can take. I never tire of looking at pictures of your sweet boy! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.

    Heather Schulze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather! So great to hear from you! Yes, lefse can definitely be a time-consuming project, but it wouldn't be the Holidays without it! ;) It's a family recipe and tradition for us too - we always made it with Mom but I do it on my own now too when we're not together before the Holidays... hope you and your family are doing well! :) Love, Abs

    ReplyDelete