Saturday, March 31, 2012

Favorite Photo Friday - Snapshot #44

We have had a very busy but very good last few weeks. I'm of course behind on blogging, but I'll make a couple separate posts about our trip to Houston and our week with Jenny (my sister) and her boys visiting us here in Lubbock. In the meantime, I want to catch up on some (ok, a TON!) of my favorite photos over the last 3 weeks!

Our sweet William is already 2 months old! (That post also to come) :) I love snuggling this little guy:

Will's swing was still just a little fast on its slowest setting, and I realized it's simply because he didn't weigh very much! One afternoon I placed the wooden black truck (that my Dad made - very cool!) at his feet to weigh it down a little more. Bad idea. I later came back to find ALL THREE wooden vehicles on top of Will, thanks to John! Ha! Looks like Mama didn't think that one through very well:

Busted!! John still loves to take all of Dada's books off one of the bookshelves in the guestroom. Even though he gets in trouble and has to put them all back, he still continues to do it... on a regular basis...

Sweetheart!

Bathtime with his buddies!

Two Brothers! This one sure makes me smile!

Do you suppose our poor Wayne-Dog needs a hug??!

Super cheese! John just LOVES books right now and has for quite some time. His Great-Grandma Hefferly sent several books to us that were his Great-Aunt Kathy's, who passed away last year. They have a lot of sentimental value to Andy, as he remembers his Aunt Kathy always having and enjoying these Disney books. So this photo really melts our hearts! What a joy!

Last weekend after church, we went out to lunch with our good friends, the Johnsons, at a brand new BBQ joint across from Texas Tech campus called Arrogant Texan BBQ. It's connected to The Arrogant Texan -- an ice cream shop and old-fashioned candy store. The authentic Texas decor creates such a wonderful ambiance, not to mention the food was fantastic!! We'll definitely be returning there soon! Oh, and their sign reads "They call it a mascot, we call it BBQ" -- gotta love any place that slams UT! ;) Anyways, as you can imagine, there were a TON of Texas stars... and of course our little man -- who is enamored with stars (or "Dars" as he calls them) -- was in hog-heaven! Here he is pointing to yet another star and exclaiming, "DAR!"

Dada and John at The Arrogant Texan...

...and Mama and Will:

While down by campus, we also tried for a small photo shoot with the beautiful tulips. Tulip season is my favorite time of year at Texas Tech!




John pointing out Will's paci before bedtime:

Snuggling with Dada:

Then I squeezed in for a family photo -- all we needed was Wayne-Dog:

Hamming it up in the backyard... this kid LOVES the outdoors!

Trying to capture Will's sweet smile on camera...

And yesterday, on my final day of maternity leave (I start back at work on Monday), I took the boys up to have lunch with Dada at work one last time. It's been such a treat to do that each week over the past several weeks -- we'll sure miss this short-lived tradition!

My boys!!

Y'all take care and God bless! Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Abby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment