Boy oh boy am I behind on blogging! And with the crazy adventures ahead for our little family (more on that in a minute), I have no idea when I'm going to catch up! I had planned to post photos of our Houston trip back in March, my sister Jenny's week here (with her two boys) to visit, Easter, and Will's 2-month birthday... but now Will's 3rd and 4th month birthdays have passed, and John just turned TWO! Not sure when or if I'll get around to posting all of that, but I do want to post lots of photos of our sweet boys over the past 2 months, to share with you the JOY these boys bring to us, and to at least archive them for our little family if nothing else. :)

As for our upcoming adventures, we have some BIG changes we are facing over the next 2 months! As many of you know, Andy was accepted to the Army JAG upon graduating from Law School last May, but in November his appointment was cancelled (mostly due to federal budget cuts... so they quit offering medical waivers no matter the merit). He began working here in Lubbock with a former classmate at a small firm as a general practitioner at the first of this year. After 4 months, we decided it was time to make a change -- we wanted to get closer to family in Houston, and Andy needed to find an area of law that he was better fit for. So as I transitioned back to work after my maternity leave, Andy transitioned out of work in order to watch the boys and job hunt full-time. A big thank you goes out to both of our moms, who each spent 2 weeks up here helping to watch the boys (John's caretaker retired while I was on maternity leave) -- we couldn't have done it without you, Gramma and Pinkie! Thank you so much!


Andy had a few leads in the Houston area, but the job market -- especially the legal market -- is just an ugly place these days, as many of you know. After getting our hopes up and making plans to move to Houston, we discovered that God had different plans for our little family! We instead will be moving to San Antonio! In fact, Andy moved down there last weekend.

Andy has accepted a position with an oil and gas law firm, Foster and Harvey, and started back on June 4th! He moved down to an apartment last weekend, and the boys and I will stay here through July. For right now, our plans are for me to keep working here until July 11th, then spend 2 weeks packing up our home. Then Andy will come home and our whole family will be moving down to San Antonio the last weekend in July! Whew! And with weddings and baptisms this summer, we'll be meeting up with Andy in 3 different Texas cities over the 8 weeks we're apart... To say it'll be a whirlwind is an understatement! :) But we feel confident that this is where God is leading us - at leat for now - and we're excited to open this new chapter. Though closing this chapter here in Lubbock will surely be sad.

We've been in Lubbock for 9 years now, moving here when we started college at Texas Tech back in the fall of 2003. We met, dated, graduated from undergrad, married, graduated from grad school, and started our little family while here in Lubbock!! We have SO many great memories here! It is a wonderful town, and we will surely miss our dear friends and family here more than anything!! And my work family at PT Today will be greatly missed -- hard to believe I've been there 3 years! Oh, and our parish at St. Elizabeth's... Ahhhh... this Mama is going to have an emotional few months I imagine. ;)
Ok, well now that you've read my NOVEL.... (though any of you who know me know I'm incapable of being brief!), now on to more (and WAY too many!) photos! :) Take care and God bless!
 |
| Our Cradle Catholic! |
 |
| Scrub a dub dub... | | | | | | | | |
|
|
|
 |
| ...Two boys in the tub! |
 |
| Whoa! Look what I can do! |
 |
| Shopping for new Tech hats for the boys before we move away. |
 |
| Fun in the pool in the backyard! |
 |
| All three of our boys! |
 |
| These boys bring us so much JOY! |
 |
| The loves of my life! |
Sorry for the picture overload... I haven't posted since March - and with our summer plans, I'm not sure how often I'll realistically get a chance to sit down and blog. So here's to new adventures! :) Take care and God bless!
Love,
Abby, Andy, John, Will, and Wayne-Dog :)
That is great news! San Antonio isn't too far from Houston. I lived in San Antonio for 2 years and loved it. I love that Cradle Catholic onesie! Your boys are cuties!!
ReplyDeleteGoodluck with the move!!
Congrats on Andy's new job! And we're excited to have you only an hour and a half away! Btw, we just went to San Antonio for a friend's daughter's birthday, and you HAVE to check out Morgan's Wonderland while you're there. The boys will love it. If fact, Madison, Don and I might join you if you pick a weekend to go after you guys get settled. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete