I'm hoping to get back on track this week -- by actually completing a Favorite Photo Friday post ON Friday! :) We've had a great week this week! Our friends Jared and Katie Bares (and son Logan) visited last weekend, and this weekend Pinkie (Andy's Mom, Terry) is in town. She's here to see Andy's brother Dave in a Texas Tech play... and to see her grandson of course. :) I'll make separate posts on those, as well as from the previous weekend when my family came into town, so this week I'll just focus on our time between guests!
Sunday night we went to the last home game of the Texas Tech Women's Soccer team. Since I used to play for that team (ok, more like ride the bench) ;) it was sure fun to see the nice new stadium actually FULL of fans! Although we had to leave just after half-time (due to a tired boy), they ended up beating UT 3-2 in double overtime! It would've been a great game to stay for! Nonetheless, we had a great time!
John watching the game from behind the fence (shocker, he wouldn't sit still in the bleachers) ;)

Ben and Jacob came along! A special thanks to Ben for getting us into the game for free!

The best of many attempts to get a photo of John and Momma at the game... he never looked at the camera once!

Whether you were here in Lubbock to experience or saw it on the national news, we had a CRAZY dust storm early this week! I took this photo on my phone at work -- it doesn't do it justice, but the sky was just orange and visibility was terrible! We were all just grateful to be
inside!

I stole this photo from online, but it shows the Texas Tech football stadium during the storm:

Poor John had a long day! Fell asleep during dinner...

And here's a sweet one of Dada reading with John:

Random collection of photos, but it technically is a little "snapshot" of our week! And obviously we had a special morning on Tuesday when we had our sonogram of Baby Will! Hope you have a GREAT weekend! We send up our prayers for all the Tech college students participating in Raider Awakening #45 this weekend (I retreated #29 as a freshman and Andy retreated #30) -- being a part of that retreat each semester played a huge role in our individual lives and in our relationship together through college and beyond.
Enjoy all the sports this weekend... Go Red Raiders! And Go Rangers! (yes, we're still Astros fans, but "Go Rangers" anyways!) ;) Take care and God bless!
Love,
Abby, Andy, John, Baby Will, and Wayne-Dog :)
No comments:
Post a Comment